New OpenDeck features in v1.5.0

Posted Leave a commentPosted in development

Last time I talked about features in OpenDeck was, well, long time ago. I have released OpenDeck firmware v1.5.0 so it’s time to fix this! NRPN Many people have been asking me about NRPN support on OpenDeck. I’ve never used it, so I haven’t implemented it before, but now OpenDeck official supports it. For those who […]

OpenDeck on Arduino

Posted Leave a commentPosted in development

There’s an old saying which goes “if you can’t beat them – join them”. That kind of sums up latest OpenDeck development efforts. Selling OpenDeck boards Selling pre-assembled OpenDeck boards turned out to be not-so-profitable business. Actually, I was losing money on it. Once I’ve added up all the ridiculous taxes, import fees, PayPal fees, […]

OpenDeck platform v1.0

Posted Leave a commentPosted in design, development

You’d be forgiven for thinking that OpenDeck project is dead, as well as this blog – after all, it’s been more than a year since the last update. While it’s true that in the past year I haven’t had much time to work on the platform, last couple of months have been full of development […]

Building Ceylon

Posted Leave a commentPosted in build log, design, development

This is a long overdue post about Ceylon, another Shantea Controls controller, only this time, one that I’ve built for myself. Of course, it’s based on OpenDeck platform. Ceylon was actually built about three months ago. Reason why I haven’t written about it is a combination of things really. First, it was in a beta period for […]

Announcing OpenDeck platform

Posted Leave a commentPosted in development, programming

In the last few days, I’ve finally put all of my ideas into one, coherent project called OpenDeck. For those of you who don’t already know, OpenDeck started as my vision of open source MIDI controller. I didn’t mean open source as just the code – it was a complete open hardware project, with vector design, […]

Building Anandamidi, part 4

Posted Leave a commentPosted in build log

This is the last post about Anandamidi, I promise! So, in case you forgot, this is the remaining stuff to finish the controller: Painting the case Interfacing Arduino with separate USB MIDI chip on separate PCB (Altmustech AU-123) 1) Painting the case Fairly easy part. I’ve simply bought black spray for wood and sprayed the case 3-4 […]